google-site-verification: googlee76f7648e968cdb8.html

Saturday 24 August 2013

My Top 5 Favourite MAC Lipsticks


I think I have about fifteen different MAC lipsticks in total, but I thought I would share with you my top 5. I would say that I like to experiment with lip colours and even though I like my pinks and nudes I do like to be a little more adventurous and go for more of a bold lip whenever I can. I tend to keep my eye make up quite simple and use very neutral browns and taupe-like shades so I think a bold lip can really help complete a nice make up look.



With that in mind, my first favourite lipstick is MAC's Lady Danger (Matte). This is a cult classic in the MAC world and a big hit with a lot of celebrities. I know the pop group The Saturdays love this shade and have all been seen wearing it at different events. I was lucky enough to get this shade by doing 'Back to MAC' (where you exchange six empty items of MAC packaging for a free lipstick) and I am so glad that I took the plunge. This is a bright red 'pin up girl' shade that really does get you noticed!  With a subtle eye make up this lipstick can make you glamorous and classy. I have worn this shade to a few weddings before and it looks nice in photographs.

My next favourite is MAC's Cyber (Satin). I know a lot of people will be going "What?!?" but trust me it is not as scary as it looks. Yes it is a dark lipstick in the bullet, but it doesn't have to be worn this dark. Make up artist Lisa Eldrige has a fantastic YouTube video (which you can view here) on how you can make scary looking lipsticks totally wearable by applying a thin layer or dabbing them lightly with your finger to create more of stain - and I totally agree. Lisa actually demonstrates this with a Tom Ford lipstick called Black Orchid which is very similar to MAC's Cyber. Believe it or not I have worn Cyber to work before (I work in an office in the city) but just as a wash of colour. As I mentioned earlier, I do like to be more adventurous and I have worn this straight from the bullet before too. It is a great dark cherry colour (not black like it shows up in the picture) and it is great worn in autumn/winter months. I actually think this was my second ever purchase of a MAC lipstick and I am still wearing it today!

Thirdly is a bright hot pink shade called Love Forever. This is Pro Longwear Lipcreme, so slightly different packaging to the others. The colour is best described as a fuchsia pink which has purple undertones. The texture is lovely and creamy and it makes a great shade for the summer.  I have quite a few other branded lipsticks similar to this shade, but I think this MAC one performs the best.

The next two lipsticks that I mention are my more neural go-to's. First up is MAC's Snob (Satin) which is muted baby pink colour. It is very wearable during the day and adds a nice pop of colour without being too much. If I have trouble in the morning deciding what colour to wear for that day, I normally reach for this as I know it will go with any eye look I have created. The colour does wear off a lot easier than the other lipsticks I have mentioned in this post but I am more than happy to re-apply ever few hours.

Last but definitely not least is MAC's Myth (Satin). Again another cult favourite in the MAC world as being one of the ultimate nude shades. I know some people dont like this lipstick because they do not like ghostly pale lips, but again I think it is how you apply it, and it depends on how pigmented your natural lips are to start with. I even like to wear this shade to blank out my lips and wear as a base coat before I apply a bolder colour. It's great to take products and just see how they work for you. That is the joy of make up - you can just play around until you are satisfied!
Top to Bottom: MAC: Lady Danger, Cyber, Love Forever, Snob & Myth
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. What are your favourite MAC shades? I would love to hear your lipstick recommendations (it may just spur on a MAC shopping trip soon...!).

Love and hugs
Caz
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment